Monday, August 24, 2009

No Regrets. Only Rabbits.

Not to depress those of you who absolutely love Summer, but the Canada Geese flying over the Lilypad in their big, honking Vs would say that Autumn seems to be on the way.

Ahhhhh....... and won't that be a relief?

Now, don't get me wrong. I love Summer. I love sunshine! I love hot, humid weather! I love waking up at 4:30AM and it's sort of light out already.

OK, that last thing might just be proof of psychosis. Whatev.

The point is, we here at the Lilypad love Summer, yes. But we also love the hibernation that comes with the rest of the year. And this year, we are super-extra looking forward to it.

Remember a couple of months ago, when I said I was going to forgo painting for while to concentrate on writing? To really, really buckle down and work on my novel?

Of course I had a hard time not painting. It's a part of myself that I really cannot forgo just for the sake of convenience. But the point was to write more. I even took unpaid leave hours at work to come home early everyday and get right to work.

Did I do it?

Well......

The Deadly Rabbit Stare

(Oh, no, the STARE!!)

Well you see I tried, but I was... I mean we were so.... I mean....

OUCH!!! IT BURNS!!!!

Well, Zoe has every right to Stare at me. I didn't really fulfill my promise to myself to focus. To concentrate. To work my butt off in an effort to do my thing. Or things, I could say.

But, I'm not going to take it too hard. We had a strange Summer. Even as I write that, I know that that's not necessarily the reason. Every Summer is strange. Full of events and festivals and parties and visits from friends and family and just wanting to sit out in the yard for goodness sake and relax in the Sunshine.

I could spend my time feeling really bad about this fact. Feeling like a loser.

But where's the fun in that?

Maybe the lesson I could learn from this is that it's just that it's Important not to judge Oneself for... well.... resting. That it's Important to take a deep breath, think about what direction I want to take now, and just start again.

With no regrets. No judgments of Self.

Leave the Judging to the Rabbit.

It's kinda what they do.

I mean come on. Did you see that Stare?

Just in case you missed it the first time!

Now, that's a professional. Leave it to her. You? You just go about your business.

3 comments:

Emma said...

Whoa, that Stare just called me out for like a hundred things!! =O

"it's Important not to judge Oneself for... well.... resting."

That is very true. Truly resting is a wonderful, vital thing.

Ketzirah (Carly) said...

Oh yes...I know that look well. Derby is the king of that look.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.