Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Duck!

Happy Wednesday! Happy Seis de Mayo!

First and foremost, Miss Zoe and I want to thank everyone who has written in to share stories of their most wonderful animal friends. They are all so beautiful!!!

(If you don't know what the heck I am referring to, go here to find out or to read some of the stories.)

Don't forget to submit a story to win your very own original Wee!Art pet portrait!! Miss Zoe will pick two lucky winners on Sunday, May 10th at 5:00 PM.

Secondly, I want to apologize yet again for amateurish production of last week's Flip Friday Zoe movie. Miss Zoe has still not quite forgiven me for messing up the soundtrack.

We did place an order at Sweet Meadow Farm for two bags of her favorite crunchy food, and 14 bags of organic hay, some of which are her favorite Timothy and Herbs Mix, so I'm hoping to be forgiven soon.

At any rate...


...you can see where we are right now. I am, as yet, unforgiven.

As for the title of this post, "Duck!" don't worry that Miss Zoe is going to throw something at you (though rabbits do love to throw things!). It's me she's upset with.

She still likes you.

"Duck!" then, refers to the pictures below, which were sent to me at work from one of my Library co-workers, Mary. Mary is our Branch Coordinator, and was out visiting our branch in Edinboro, when these little friends came to the door:



Apparently, the clerks at this branch turned away from getting library cards, as they could not provide proof of their current address. Sad, really, as the little ones look ready to learn.

"If they're smart," Miss Zoe said when I showed her the pictures and told her the story behind them, "they'll fly over to another branch and try again. Someone else might give in and issue the cards just because the babies are so cute. Ducks!" she sniffed as she hopped back to her hay box. "You just never know with ducks."

Miss Zoe thinks it's just like ducks to try to work the system. I'm not so sure, but since she's grouchy with me, I'm just going to go along with it.

You should, too, if you know what's good for you.

2 comments:

Emma said...

They are soooooo cuuuuuuute!

Poor Zoe. Tell her that her grace and charm shine through despite any technical difficulties that may arise.

Anonymous said...

Tell Miss Zoe I'm really glad you included that photo of the lovely stripe down her back. That way I get to see how much of a beautiful rabbit she really is! Not just her face, but her gorgeous markings. (Maybe this heart-felt compliment will soften her up a little?)

The ducks are cute, but probably not as wise as Miss Zoe. I think they should take her advice and see how it goes!