Monday, January 18, 2010

We'd like to Thank Zoe's Fans...


Today is a Proud Day for Zoe and me. We won an award!!

The Kreativ Blogger Award.


We were bestowed with the award from Jeanne Klaver from the blog Daily Reflections from Atwater Pond.

We have to reveal a little secret about Jeanne Klaver before we go on, and that is this: when she first started commenting on the Chick's blog, I noticed her name right away. It comes up as JFKlaver when she comments, and for some reason, unbenownst to me, I read it as JKFlaver, and so she has been forever called by this, her Official Rap Name (apparently) within the walls of the Lilypad.

She may be chagrined to hear this. But, Zoe assured me that it will make her laugh!

So the rules of this award are as follows:

1. Thank the person giving the award.

THANK YOU JKFLAVER!!!!

2. Copy the award to this blog.

3. Place a link to their blog.


4. Name 7 things people don't know about you.

5. Nominate 7 bloggers who you admire (WHAT? ONLY 7???)

6 Place a link to these bloggers

7. Leave a comment on their blog notifying them of the award.

So, here's my 7 things:

1. My lucky number is 14.

2. I want to live in space.

3. I've lived in 2 houses that have burned down (I had nothing to do with either one!!)

4. My favorite penguin is the Jackass Penguin (it's real!! see for yourself):



5. I took piano lessons for 8 years, saxophone lessons for 5 years, and voice lessons for 2 years

6. When I was in Austria, I took the opportunity to yodel and to visit Mozart's apartment

7. I love rabbits!!!!

Oh, wait, did you already know that last one?

OK, replay number 7: I love cats!!!!

Ooops, I did it again.

Let's see..... 7. I used to have a collection of mannequin hands. How I got them will be saved for the next list of "Things you don't know about me and wish I hadn't told you."

I'm supposed to pass this onto 7 bloggers that I enjoy and that's always super hard for me...but here goes:

1. StorytellerDoc and not just because he's in our writing group but because if you don't read him, you should!

2. Jennifer Hayes Art because she makes the most awesome wool bunnies ever!

3. Nerdy Renegade because I like anyone who so publicly acknowledges their inner Nerd.

4. Playing Connect the Dots with the Universe because she is a faithful Servant to the Rabbit. (Did we say that out loud?)

5. She Who Seeks because we love MITTENS and Canada RULES!

6. A Clear Path to Happy because we honor all Sparkle Cats.

7. Linda because she is living and writing in Erie and has some awesome photos on her blog of the place I love!

8. Anonymous because she/he/it says it best when they write "I want not approve on it. I regard as polite post. Expressly the title attracted me to be familiar with the sound story."

And THAT is why I blog.

5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

First of all, congrats to you both, Marcy and Miss Zoe! Your total awesomeness was overdue for recognition. And second of all, thanks for passing on the nomination to me! I will post my 7 things later next week. Hmmm, must start wracking brain . . . no, no, that's too obscene, can't use that one . . . no, no, too weird, no one will believe that one . . . .

StorytellERdoc said...

Marcy!!!!

What great news! Congratulations on a great, well-deserved recognition of your ingenious, creative, and unique blog. You deserve this accolade and many more! When you and Miss Zoe speak, we listen. Especially my kids!

Thank you also for the blog shout-out. You are too kind.

1..2..3..
Jim

Emma said...

A collection of mannequin hands?!? Scary!! =O

Lisa said...

Congratulations to the Director and her muse, the Screen Siren, on the first of their many awards.

And thank you for passing along the love, accepted humbly in memory and honor of the Beautiful Miss Lucy.

Now, I must tell you one thing you don't know about me yet - I adopted a chihuahua on Friday night. Scarier to you than mannequin hands, right? If you want to rescind the award now, I understand.

But if you stop by in a few days, you will see the most beautiful chihuahua ever ... he just may change your mind ... (Plus, he is very fond of yodelers.)

Jeanne Frances Klaver said...

You are SO funny! You blog makes me SO HAPPY! Love that Jackass Penguin! Now I'm going to check out YOUR 7 bloggers.