Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Cursed

Many of you would probably say, "Well, I saw THAT coming!"

You might even give me the dreaded, "I TOLD you so!"

You see, for the past many days, I have been suffering from hives.  It is a terrible fate, yes, but I am thankful that it's not something worse.

That's not to say that I've not had enough of them.  That's not to say that they've not made me a tad crazy.

I've been trying to figure out the cause of The Hives.  They feel Epic and Biblical.  They cover pretty much every area of my body (except my torso, knock on wood).  Even my face has not escaped and is swelled to about 40 times it's normal and actual size.

OK, that might be an exaggeration, but whatever.

I am itchy, red, and bumpy and swollen.  In short, I am Monster, akin, I think, to Mary Shelley's monster in Frankenstein.  Well, except that Monster was Super Smart.  Unfortunately, my brain has not gained any size or power.  It is still just the same brain.

Which is perhaps why I didn't notice until today that my Hives and Swollen Faceness started about the same time that we excluded A Certain Someone from the new blog banner. 

Just so we are all on the same page, here, what I am saying is that I believe I have been cursed by Someone who may look familiar to you:


Oh, don't let that Sweet Smile fool you.  Don't be taken in by that Beautiful Eye.  And the Dewlap?  Let's not talk about the Dewlap.  Or the Super Cute Arms.

This Rabbit Has Cursed Me!!!   It may sound Crazy, but it's not.

Really, it's not.

Won't you help to stop my suffering?  Will you help to extract me from my Benedryl Drug Haze?

It's up to you to convince the Blisschick to add a Zoe to the banner!

IT'S UP TO YOU!!!!

6 comments:

Emma said...

OMG, that explains it!! Those hives have been such a mystery. Why were we blind to the true cause until now?

How can we save you? Do we clap like you do for Tinkerbell?

Also: Get well soon!!!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Her revenge was swift and terrible. O silly human, cross her no longer!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

And oh yes, told you so!

LMA said...

But ... but ... the color and composition in the Toby/Blueberry/Gnome photo is so ... GOOD! Certainly Zoe understands how this makes her look better in the long run ... doesn't she?

(I'm off to stock up on Benadryl, just in case she smites me long-distance.)

Trish Austin said...

I agree Debra's comment-cross her no longer!

Rebecca said...

For heaven's sake please get Zoe up there front and center before we ALL get hives. Yikes!! I'm feeling a little itchy as I type.