Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Logos, Ethos, Pathos

Even when one studies at the feet of Miss Zoe's Great Wisdomosity,
one can still have Confusion.

So, I need your help.

Blisschick said to me the other day, "Frog," (she calls me Frog), "I think you need a new logo for your Etsy store."

It was a good point.

We hurried up to get our Etsy store, Ordinary Miracles, open right before the holidays, and because we hurried, which is our usual M.O. because we tend to be forgetful and do everything at the last minute, I drew a little rabbit on a moon logo to stick up for the time being.

But now, it's time to try to make a more permanent logo. Therefore, this weekend, while I was also working on a logo for a friend's blog as a birthday present (more on this logo to come later, as it's a present and MUST NOT BE REVEALED :) ), I thought I would try drawing a few things for myself.

So far, I have four ideas, which I drew and took pictures of. Here they are:

Number one:


Number two:


Number three:


Number four:


Time to vote. Tell me, honestly, which one(s) is (are) your fave.

Or, would you vote then all off the island and hope for a new one to wander onto the beach?

Come on. Be honest. I can take it.

A penny for your thoughts...

23 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh! I like numbers 2 & 4 :)

Anonymous said...

Number 2!

Emma said...

#2 is my favorite.

Anonymous said...

#2

Lisa said...

2 hands down!

Emma said...

#2 and #4! :)

carlikup said...

Between #2 & #4 ... I really love #2, but I can't dissociate your art from the "bunny thing" ... hee hee hee! ... hmmmmmmmm ...

Anonymous said...

Definitely number 2! But they are all nicely done.

- Jessica

Anonymous said...

I love the OM in #2 and 3 (with 2 being my preference) but I adore the bunny in #4, so maybe there is a way to combine these?

Anonymous said...

#4 definately #4

the other are too.....

ordinary

Anonymous said...

oh, and your art is anything but ordinary
it is extraordinary

Anonymous said...

What fun! And definitely 2.

Jennifer Hayes Hugon said...

Hi Marcy! For what it's worth, I think #2 is my favorite and is very strong!

From a design standpoint it is the most "logo-like" haha. The two pieces (type and symbol) function together very well, but they could also stand alone if need be. The symbol is strong, colorful and incorporates a lot of recurrent themes in your work.

I like number 4 a lot (bunnies!!) but it's a little tough to read/understand the O as being connected to the rest if you don't already know the name.

just my 2 cents!

:)

Anonymous said...

I love number 4 and 2

Ketzirah (Carly) said...

Okay, putting my professional marketing hat on. Since I'm at work that's not too hard.

I think number 2 is the winner.

Number 1: good, but message is unclear. Think I'm getting a death & rebirth vibe, but wings on M, not a clear message.

Number 2: Friendly approachable fun. I'll take flight with what you do. My heart will soar. Good message

Number 3: A little to simple and the "OM" has an Ohmm....Yoga feel. Flower power is main message I'm getting from this one.

Number 4: too busy. It reads "rdinary miracles" "o" doesn't carry through well. Also thinking about this at different sizes, not sure it will size well to a business card.

Thus end marketing critique! (and getting me thinking about asking you to do one for me!)

Beth Dargis said...

#2

I love #4 but it's a little too busy for a logo.

Sneaux said...

I really like #2

Connie said...

Wow--I really like both #1. But I'm the only one that digs #1. But, I got really good taste! Not too sure what you can say about the other commenters...and I'd beware of that Jennifer Hugon woman--she has a thing for hedgehogs..never trust a hedgehog! Ask Zoe!!

Peace & Love.

Connie said...

Hey--I just read my comment--and this also goes for my first comment on your most previous post...I need to apologize--there's some weird wording and grammar issues going on. My only excuse is too many margaritas last night!

Peace & Love.

Marcy Hall said...

thank you so much to all of you! i appreciate all the feedback and the detailed explanations of what works (what doesn't) and why.

soon to come-- a more official version.

thank you. you're all awesome. :)

Pink Heels said...

My first response is to ask, what will the logo be used for? If it is for print materials, keep in mind that many printers charge extra for each color. My next question is, what do you want the logo to convey?

Sydney said...

I like #2 and #3 best, in that order.

The OM is easily present, and I think the skull on #1 somehow doesn't fit, even though it's PINK! :-)

Anonymous said...

hands down: #2